Home - Inductive Bible Study Method - Application
How should I respond?
Application involves two steps
- How the truths discovered should affect your behavior.
- Putting those same truths into practice in our daily lives.
Relate the passage to your life
- Look for application in the light of your own personal life.
Meditate on the passage
- Summarize truths that seem to apply to you.
- Decide if they have some timely and lasting value.
- Look for ways that the text applies to your daily life and to the lives of others.
Practice what you have learned
- Pick out the passage or verse that speaks to your heart and that would have a lasting benefit to you and to others.
- Memorize the significant verses.
- Write down several points of interest that can be put into practice in your daily life.
The grass withers,
the flower fades,
But the word of
our God stands forever.